+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How would Bruce Lee do in todays mma competitions?

Approved Member Horsa is on a distinguished road

How would Bruce Lee do in todays mma competitions?

My guess is that he would get clobbered to begin with, but would quickly learn and adapt and then become successful.
    OK, he was a race-mixing gook, and therefore an enemy, but in the world of martial arts, he was pretty special. Credit where credit is due.

Approved Member Doc Feral is on a distinguished road
    If you mean "travel 40something years back in time, kidnap Bruce Lee, come back to the present and throw him in the octagon" he'd be extremely clobbered.
    If you mean "what if Bruce Lee was born 40 years later" he'd be an authority in MMA. He liked to learn from other styles, he was the one saying "keep what works, discard what doesn't". I'd keep Bruce Lee and discard most of the other chinamen.

Approved Member lazlo is on a distinguished road lazlo's Avatar
    I agree. Talent is talent and he had it. You would have to grapple him I think, because if you let him stay outside he'd kick your head like a bucket!
    "Any teaching or religion which denies the Natural Laws of the Universe is false." David Lane

I remember a thread about Lee years ago, back in the old tightrope forum.
    He was an innovator, or maybe he was just practical, or he simply remembered that martial arts are meant to be effective in combat. He didn't study grappling and ground fighting probably for the same reasons filipino martial arts don't: if you're wrestling on the ground in the middle of a battle or brawl someone could kick you in the head or stab you as he passes by just for the hell of it. Ok, this may sound as an excuse, but it makes some sense.

Banned Sturmführer is on a distinguished road
    That gook was soooo blown out of proportion. He would get his ass handed to him in MMA.

Approved Member Demetrov88 is on a distinguished road
    The Ice-man would take him out

The Ice man is a heavyweight! Of course he'd squash poor mr.Lee.
    The "historical" Bruce Lee is an outdated kind of mixed martial artist. He was innovative for his time, which was a long time ago. He deserves credit for what he did back then.

Approved Member Demetrov88 is on a distinguished road
    Yeah but Lee could have pulled some karate type shit but I doubt that would still work...

Approved Member Jeffcoat will become famous soon enough Jeffcoat will become famous soon enough Jeffcoat's Avatar
    Bruce Lee used mixed fighting arts from Wrestling,Boxing and various other forms of martial arts in a combo of a no pattern fighting style that adpated every second to your opposonents attack and or defensive stance.

He believed that the best way to fight was to end it " the fight" as quickly as possible by using as little of your own energy and sphysical strength as pheasible.

Bruce Lee would more than likely not be allowed into MMA because he shortens fights by large measures and thus that Jew running the MMA would not get the $$$ he seeks.

MMA is fun to watch but not really all that praticle in face to face combat, for the quicker you end your opponents ability to continue attack upon you the better, or so im trained by the D.O.D. in my younger days back in the army...

MMA is primarily entertainment for $$$ not truly as realistic as it could be IMO
    Free men are Not Equal
    Equal men are not Free

Approved Member Equinsu Ocha is on a distinguished road
    MMA has rules. A real street fight doesn't. I love watching these big mouth young wanna be cage fighters get there asses whipped by bar brawlers. Brazilian ju jit su won't help much when you get hit in the face with a bar stool or an alley apple.

+ Reply to Thread